ADHERENCE AT RISK: AN ACTION PLAN FOR KEEPING PATIENTS ON THERAPY DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
During this worldwide coronavirus pandemic, one vitally important topic not receiving much public and media attention is how to keep the “at-risk” patient population on therapy. Because change is happening so rapidly, it’s causing confusion about what information is accurate and the right ways to stay protected. At-risk patients, such as those who are immuno-compromised, are looking for information on how to protect themselves specifically during this crisis. The lack of clarity and information can have a negative trickle effect including:
- Discontinuation of treatment, affecting outcomes and putting progress at risk
- Rx refills being interrupted (supply chain and access to HCPs)
- Hesitation to initiate new therapies
To counter these issues, Intouch B2D has developed an action plan which utilizes your patient ecosystem to its fullest. All the recommendations and activities can be done while working from home and leveraging technology available to you.
CONTENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
Create clarity and bolster COVID-19 communications on owned channels, like drug websites and CRM platforms.
- Create COVID-19 FAQs to address concerns in relation to patient’s disease and product treatment
- Utilize interactive, video or audio content where possible
- Provide information regarding sourcing of ingredients, supply chain, and manufacturing processes to placate fears about shortages
- Monitor and address patient questions through content on brand.com
- Enroll patients in CRM for updates
COUPONING AND SAVINGS CARDS
- Forge deals with payers to enable patients to keep supplies on hand beyond 30-90 days
- Develop pharmacy materials, especially assets that can be shared digitally
- Communicate changes to patients through email, phone calls or patient portals
- Educate patient about telemedicine options
- Establish hotlines to act as intermediaries
PATIENT SUPPORT PROGRAMS (PSPs)
- Anticipate new questions directed to PSPs and quickly create and deploy new content
- Develop a new script and virtual training for PSP staff on new resources available
- Be proactive in communicating with PSP patients about the implications of current treatments
- Monitor sentiment and questions in social media and on disease state forums
- Step in as a voice authority; be helpful and do not overstep or oversell
- Establish authentic brand-patient dialogue via social channels
- Reach out to patient advocacy groups by providing content on product treatment during pandemic
- Address concerns about Rx risk and discontinuation of treatment.
- Communicate alternatives to both physician access and Rx access
Intouch B2D has developed a STRATEGIC TECHNOLOGY TASK FORCE to help your company plan for the changes in data, localized disease influence and the technology required to quickly shift gears. Reach out using the form below and allow our healthcare and technology expertise help ease your burdens.